2.12.09

The blog from Starbucks (vol. 1)

It's been three months and nine days since I've first come to Syracuse. Lots of things have happened, both good and bad.

Let's take a look at the major aspects shall we?

August - Coming to SU. A week of intense band camp. Burnt to a crisp from the sunlight and sweating from 8am - 930pm. Nice experience though. August 30th (day before first day of classes): dropped out of band.

September - Got Bronchitis... which includes being short of breath from just a few steps of walking up hill.. so it was definitely not fun walking up 160 steps every day to my residence hall. Afternoon naps became second-nature to me (those are always nice). Coughing and vomiting at 3 in the morning isn't that much fun though =/.

October - I'm not sure what happened this month, but small events here and there really changed my perspective on things during this month.

November - Grown to really like church and fellowship around here and already cannot believe I'm almost done with the first semester of college. College life flies by way to quickly. People have told me to enjoy it as much as I can. But whenever I think back to enjoyable moments like Thanksgiving break with my family and friends, it almost seems like time went by too quickly to enjoy it.

Okay it only seems like I'm complaining about my life. But I promise you I'm really not. This thanksgiving weekend, I spent a lot of time with friends and family, enjoyed time with them, and had attended an awesome praise night at my church. But it's time to get my priorities straight. It's time I give thanks to God for every good and bad moment I've experienced so far. If I could go back in time, I wouldn't change a thing. There's absolutely nothing I can do to conjure a plan that's even close to God's plan.

Thank You very much JC. For what was, and is, and is to come. For love that came down. For him. Thanks a million.

No comments:

Post a Comment